Dear Young Believer,
Especially you college students…this letter is for you. I just wanted to encourage you all to stay LIT for Christ. As summer vacation just remember that there are no such things as a break from a relationship with God. It’s just like a normal relationship with a regular person; if you wouldn’t take a break over the summer with them, don’t do it with God.
For all my cute Christians, don’t act like you forgot….this part is for you:
1. Don’t go home and fake like you didn’t learn anything.
2. Don’t go home and act like you didn’t get baptized in Jesus name.
3. Don’t go home and act like you didn’t see the hand of God move.
4. Don’t go home and forget the 5 major keys (pray, fast, read your word, praise & worship).
5. Don’t go home and act like you weren’t up in bible study or church service every week and like you didn’t receive anything. (We all know that your soul was getting fed).
6. Don’t allow yourself to slack off just because you go home.
a. If you can’t attend a fellowship, call up a brother or sister in Christ and fellowship; try and find a church in your local area to attend; watch sermons on line…just try and get the word as much as possible. Trust me in this season, you’re going to need it.
7. Don’t go home and deny God (Matthew 10:33).
8. Don’t go home and be that self-righteous person.
a. That’s not going to help you. People aren’t going to want to try and see Christ in you if you’re acting like you’ve always had him. Remember that you’re a whole sinner too, just as much as they are.
Be real with yourself:
1. If you know that you are gonna fall at home, be responsible and accountable for it.
2. Don’ t go some place or go hang out with people where you know that you’re not strong enough to say no.
a. If you can’t say no then you know that you shouldn’t go. But even if you do go or say yes, just know that it’s okay. You’re not perfect, and this is probably one of the biggest times in which you are “on your own”. (Trust me, we have all had our wilderness experiences)
b. Confess your faults one to another; and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of the righteous man availeth much (James 5:16).
3. Don’t beat yourself up or move in condemnation when you mess up.
a. This is the easiest move that the devil can use to mess us up. But Paul said in Romans 8:1- there is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus who walk not after the flesh but after the spirit.
So just remember, we’re not gonna walk in the spirit 25/8; we’re human beings. So therefore even if you fall, don’t fall. You got this. You can do this. Summer break is honestly just one of those tests that you have to pass in order for you to truly realize and know how much you actually need God. It will show you your level of faith, trust and allow you to see how God can and will work in your life. So saying all this…stay encouraged!
It’s just 3 months,
Summer, Summer , Summertime!
Dear Young Believer,